Ways You Can Help
Our aim is to benefit as many people as possible through the retreats, events and training. You can make a significant on-going contribution in one of the following ways:
1. Spreading the Word about TRC
We find that most of our visitors come by word of mouth, so you could really assist us in the following ways:
- Join the TRC Facebook page: www.facebook.com/TaraRokpaCentre
- Go to the Events tab and invite your friends to any of the up-coming events that you think would interest them
- Join our mailing list, and then send the newsletters on to like-minded friends: Mailing list link
- Visit our website regularly and tell people about the retreats and events: www.tararokpacentre.co.za
2. Becoming a Member of TRC
Particularly during winter, we find it hard to meet our monthly expenses. This is where we rely on the support from our members. If you become a member, you receive 10% discount on retreat accommodation and a free self-catering weekend at off-peak times of year.
1) Download the membership form from the membership page.
2) Set up a monthly scheduled payment into the TRC account.
Link to the Payments and Donations information.
Please note that membership contributions are not tax deductible, and we cannot provide a donations certificate for membership.
3. Supporting our Projects
TRC is focused on four wings: Environment, Healing, Dharma and Community. In recent years we have been putting our energy into the environment wing in order to develop a permaculture site, through our Tikologo project. If you would like to support this, or another project, you can donate directly to the Centre by EFT, or via credit card through our PayFast account, especially if you live outside South Africa. Here is a link to Payments and Donations information.
All donations to TRC are tax deductible. Please email the office for a tax certificate.
4. Contributing your Expertise
We are always looking for volunteers to support the Centre, both on-site and off-site. Ideally, we would like practitioner-volunteers who can stay for 6 months or longer, so that they can take responsibility for a particular area of the Centre’s operations e.g. housekeeping, administration, maintenance etc. To find out the current availabilities, please see the volunteering information.
However, there are also opportunities to help TRC remotely, particularly in the field of marketing. In order for more people to benefit from what the Centre has to offer, we would like to increase the number of annual visitors, both from within South Africa and from overseas.