Spring is in the air here at Tara Rokpa. The blossom is out and the tiny green shoots are appearing on the trees. Even the swallows have arrived which is always a beautiful sign to me that spring is finally here. Spring is a time of renewal, and the chance to begin a new season afresh, with fresh ideas and energy. We wish to continue manifesting Rinpoche’s vision of making Tara Rokpa a safe, healing, nurturing space for all who come here.
To embrace and welcome in the spring, we would like to upgrade our entire on-site accommodation, to make it more comfortable and inviting to all our visitors.
My vision for this is to acquire:
• Plain duvet covers and beautiful throws, scatter cushions, and two soft pillows, so that our visitors can be comfortable should they wish to read in bed.
• Throws to put over the couches in the lounge area of the Main house.
• Thicker mats on the floors, as they can get rather chilly.
• Writing desks in the larger rooms for those who would like to journal or write.
• New vases for all the rooms, to enjoy the beautiful colours of the spring flowers.
• White frosting to cover the bathroom windows in Top Cottage.
• Curtains in all the bathrooms for more privacy.
• Upgrading of the kitchen in Rinpoche’s house
• Clay pots for plants and herbs on all the terraces and around the dining area.
Keeping with the theme of ‘Living with Earth in Mind’ we would like to carry throughout soft creams, corn, beige, browns, earth tone colours to co ordinate with our earth clay structures, and in harmony with the natural environment.
For all of you who may be spring cleaning, please keep us in mind should you wish to declutter your own nests. Any donations of items or a financial contribution would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking you in advance,
Brenda and the TRC Team