To the Core: Restoring Gut Health
May 8 @ 6:00 pm - May 10 @ 1:00 pm
All disease begins in the gut – Hippocrates
Gut health is the foundation of well being. You are responsible for your gut and your gut is responsible for the critical functioning of your body’s major systems.
It may seem impossible to restore balance for optimal health in this stressful environment of instant and canned lifestyles.
Join Jeanne and Pippa on this holistic journey to restore health to the gut, the ‘second brain’.
● 3 Workshops: Learn to make staples for gut health from precious traditional recipes:
Workshop 1: Connect with your Ancient Heritage – The 3 K’s – Kombucha, Kimchi and Kefir
Workshop 2: Ditch the Hunter, Be the Gatherer – Vegan Cheese and Aquafaba Meringue
Workshop 3: Greener Home Essential Oil Essentials – All Natural Trio: Room Fragrance,
Tooth Powder and Kitchen Disinfectant
● Restorative postures and awareness breathing for gut health with Pippa
● Joyful cooking together of inspiring, creative and healing meals for gut health – Saturday lunch and supper and Sunday lunch. All meals: the emphasis is on homemade and home-crafted!
● Friday night supper – a selection of artisanal dairy and vegan cheeses made by Jeanne
● Beverages for gut health – including Golden Shake with Turmeric and Real Ginger Beer from your own starter Ginger Bug
● A comprehensive Recipe Folder with notes
● A Gift Bag containing an essential oil treat and your own large Kombucha SCOBY with Kombucha in a 3l glass bottle to enable you to continue making kombucha at home
Holistic gut repair
Food as Medicine
Mindful Meals (you are HOW you eat)
Pre and probiotics
Pre-order extras to take home at special prices for this weekend only – email Jeanne at email@example.com for the stock/price list. Includes: milk kefir culture, extra kombucha scobys, muslin cloths, beautiful hand made and locally made pottery fermenting crocks.
Please email Jeanne if you need any additional information.
The costs include accommodation, meals, a voluntary environmental levy of R60, facilitation fee, gifts.
|Twin/double room with en suite bathroom (per person):||R2900|
|Twin/double room with shared bathroom (per person):||R2700|
|Single room with shared bathroom (only 3 available):||R3100|
|Single-use of twin/double room (if space available), shared bathroom:||R3200|
|Single-use of ensuite room (if space available):||R3300|
|Camping (own tent)||R2200|
Please fill in the mobile-friendly online booking form.
A 50 % deposit will confirm your booking.
Bank: First National Bank
Branch: Bedford Gardens Branch
Branch code: 252155
Account name: Tara Rokpa Centre
Account no.: 6211 1707 157
Reference no.: “retreat name + your name”
Jeanne qualified as a nutritionist, chef and caterer . Over the past 30 years she has undertaken a personal journey to explore gut health and the effect of the gut on immune, brain and hormonal functioning and the healing power of traditional foods and loves to share her experience and insights. She is also an environmental warrior and friend to TRC since its inception. She and Pippa have been close friends for 15 years.
Pippa Cope offers mindful movement, including somatics and Donna Farhi-inspired yoga. She has been involved with the Tara Rokpa Therapy process for 20 years as a senior helper in South Africa and Zimbabwe and has offered workshops in Canada. Pippa was a pioneer and resident at TRC for over 15 years as jack of all trades. She previously spent her professional life working as an Occupational Therapist, Social Worker and Community Development manager.