- This event has passed.
Find Freedom in the Marico – a digital detox long weekend
April 26 @ 6:00 pm - May 1 @ 1:00 pm
If you are looking for a place to restore and replenish over the Freedom Day long weekend, have you tried the Marico? Do you want to:
- gaze at a campfire, instead of a screen?
- walk in the valley, not type on a keyboard?
- sleep under twinkling stars, not flashing LEDs?
- swim in the Eye, not wade through your inbox?
This is an opportunity to bring your family to a place without network – so rare in modern life. You can detox both body and mind, with a plant-based diet. There will be opportunities for hiking to Tara’s Waterfall, swimming in die Oog, swinging in a hammock, visiting a permaculture demonstration site, learning yoga and relaxation techniques.
Free yourself on Freedom Day and find ease on Workers Day
Costs per person per night including accommodation in simple farmhouses, 3 plant-based meals per day, tea and snacks. (Coffee is available for purchase at the shop).
- Twin/double room with en suite bathroom (per person): R660
- Twin/double room with shared bathroom (per person): R550
- Single room with shared bathroom (only 3 available): R750
- Single use of twin/double room (if space available): R770
- Dormitory R440
- Camping (own tent) R340
Let us know how many days you would like to stay, between 26th April and 1st May.
Optional activities for R70/hour
* Yoga, somatics and relaxation with Pippa
* Tour of the Tikologo Permaculture site with Coen
* Photography lessons with Brenda
You can also get a shwe-shwe outfit made by Christine.
For further information and directions to the Centre, see Retreat Information