Birding Weekend with Lance Robinson
November 8 @ 6:00 pm - November 10 @ 2:00 pm
Come and enjoy a weekend of relaxed birding in the beautiful Marico middleveld.
Lance is a Johannesburg based birder who is the incumbent Honorary President and former chairman of the Wits Bird Club. Lance often presents beginners bird courses and talks, and is an enthusiastic citizen scientist with a keen interest in butterflies & dragonflies . Lance is married to Dr. Hanneline Smit-Robinson, Manager of Terrestrial Bird Conservation at BirdLife South Africa, who is responsible for overseeing species conservation of our country’s almost 15% threatened birds.
Maybe with Lance, you will see the Marico sunbird…
· Bird identification walks, including fauna and flora aspects
· Talks on bird identification, bird conservation and star-gazing
· Star-gazing at night by the fire
· Nature walks to waterfall or surrounding koppies
· Swimming at the waterfall or farm pool
· Listening to Herman Charles Bosman stories
· Fresh vegetarian food and fresh herbal teas
· Unlimited supply of TRC’s pristine water
· Or simply chilling on the day bed on the stoep!
The cost includes accommodation and board from Friday supper to lunch on Sunday, a facilitation fee and an optional environmental fee of R60.
|Twin/double room with en suite bathroom (per person):||1900|
|Twin/double room with shared bathroom (per person):||1700|
|Single room with shared bathroom (only 3 available):||2100|
|Single use of twin/double room (if space available), shared bathroom:||2200|
|Single use of ensuite room (if space available):||2300|
|Camping (own tent)||1200|
TRC members receive 10% discount on accommodation costs.
To book, please use our online booking form. A 50% deposit will secure the accommodation of your choice.
For more general retreat information, click here