Birding Weekend with Lia Steen
October 27 @ 6:00 pm - October 29 @ 2:00 pm| R1100
Come and enjoy a weekend of relaxed birding in the beautiful Marico middleveld.
Lia Steen has been birding most of her adult life but seriously since 2000. She is a committee member of Wits Bird Club for about 10 years. Lia is also known as ‘an atlasser’ – a citizen scientist, recording birds wherever she goes in Southern Africa. She has seen about 85% of Southern Africa’s birds. She leads birding groups and overseas visitors from time to time and has been on Birding tours on all 7 continents and enjoys taking photographs of the birds and nature.
Maybe with Lia, you will see the Marico sunbird…
· Bird identification walks, including fauna and flora aspects
· Talks on bird identification, bird conservation and star-gazing
· Star-gazing at night by the fire
· Nature walks to waterfall or surrounding koppies
· Swimming at the waterfall or farm pool
· Listening to Herman Charles Bosman stories
· Fresh vegetarian food and fresh herbal teas
· Unlimited supply of TRC’s pristine water
· Or simply chilling on the day bed on the stoep!
Weekend accommodation (2 nights) and all meals/snacks per person:
Single shared bathroom R1 450
Twin/double en suite R1 300
Twin/double shared R1 100
Dormitory R1 000
Camping (own tent) R750
Please do not let your inability to pay prevent you from attending.
TRC members receive 10% discount on accommodation costs.
Children under 10 are half price, and babies (under 1 year) are free.
For more general retreat information, click here